In addition to our Activities Programme which is scheduled into the school day, we offer plenty of opportunities for Polam pupils outside the school timetable. Both Junior and Senior Schools have a full calendar of co-curricular activities, some run by school staff and others by external groups.
- Sports teams at all levels and in a range of sports. Despite our size, Polam has a proud and successful sporting record.
- Music: There are choirs in both Junior and Senior Schools and over 100 pupils take lessons in a wide range of instruments.
- Drama: Annual productions take place in each phase of the school and the House Plays in Senior School are one of the highlights of the year.
- Dance: We have our own dance teacher who offers lessons in Ballet, Tap and Modern, entering pupils for Royal Academy of Dance examintions. Lessons are available for both Junior and Senior School pupils.
- Duke of Edinburgh’s Award: We encourage all Year 9 pupils to undertake their Bronze award and offer Silver and Gold awards to students in Years 10 and 11 who have completed Bronze.
- Combined Cadet Force: The Combined Cadet Force at Polam Hall is affiliated to the CCF at Barnard Castle School and offers an army section. Students can join in Year 8 and we have over 40 cadets who meet weekly and are offered the chance to go on camps and training.
- Interact: The youth branch of the Rotary Club, Polam Senior School has long had an Interact Club which raises funds for a variety of charities.
- Charity events: Polam has a long standing tradition of charitable endeavour and our pupils support a range of charities throughout the year.
In addition there are a wide range of clubs in Junior and Senior Schools which run at lunchtimes and after school, including the Historical Society, Science Club, Judo, Table Tennis, Film Clubs and many more.
We have a planned programme of trips and visits, both curricular and extra-curricular. There are always residential trips for Year 6 and Years 7/8 as well as a biannual Ski Trip, trips abroad led by MFL staff in the Senior School and sports tours.
For more information about specific activities please use the Who to Contact guide which gives details of the staff who lead specific activities. For more general questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org