Choosing the subjects you wish to study at GCSE can be a difficult task.
You will find below a copy of this year’s options booklet. This document will be updated each year when the options process begins. If you are looking at this information early, please be aware that the courses available may change slightly from year to year. This process usually begins mid-January and final choices should be completed by mid-March. Throughout the process there will be the chance to:
- Review current progress in subjects
- Speak with teachers
- Attend an information evening
- Speak with current students
- Attend a 1:1 meeting with a senior member of staff to discuss your choices
When choosing GCSE options we expect that all students will study the following:
- English Language and English Literature (2 GCSEs)
- A language (either German or French dependent on their entry language)
- At Humanities subject (Geography or History)
- At least two Sciences. Either Combined Science (worth 2 GCSEs) or Triple Science (Separate GCSEs in Biology, Chemistry and Physics). Students taking triple Science will need to use one of their option choices to facilitate this.
In addition to this, students may then select 2 or 3 options choices (dependent on their Science choice).